Medical Receptionist / Typist – Specialist Rooms
We are seeking a mature minded, experienced medical receptionist / typist to join our team. This position will primarily manage the day to day workflow of the front desk, ensuring the smooth operation of patient clinics and also typing medical correspondence. It is a full time position. We seek someone who understands the commitment of working in a small and cohesive team that prioritise patient care, and someone who demonstrates a high level of professionalism and reliability. Experience in specialist medical reception and administration is essential.
We also have part-time receptionist position available.
Essential Criteria – to be considered, candidates must have:
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position (preferably working within a surgical specialist practice)
- A genuine interest and passion for the medical/healthcare sector and providing patients with a superior level of customer service
- Excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus
- Excellent phone manner and ability to deal politely with patient queries
- Excellent writing and general computer skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong time management skills and immaculate presentation
- Experience with patient billings, management of bookings and theatre lists
- Experience using medical practice management software is desirable, particularly Shexie
- Advanced skills and understanding in medical billing, including ECLIPSE
Some of your day to day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Managing all incoming telephone calls, emails and general patient enquiries
- Meet and greet of patients visiting the practice
- Managing all patient bookings and ensuring the smooth day to day running of patient clinics
- Liaising closely with hospitals, patients and other referring specialists
- Patient billing and receipting for consultations
- Typing and dispatching of medical correspondence
Other required skills and attributes:
- Strong team working ethics, ability to work well within a small team environment
- Competent knowledge of Medicare guidelines
- Highly professional, with strong initiative and organisational skills
- Energetic person with a positive outlook and an excellent ability to multitask
- Well presented, friendly, flexible and efficient
Position is available for immediate start if successful.
All applications must include CV and a cover letter addressed to the Practice Manager, Dorota Opiela: email@example.com.
Applications without a cover letter unfortunately will not be considered.